- 6 Rice Krispies Treats
- 1 can red frosting
- 1 can white frosting
- 1 pkg. mini Oreo cookies
- 6 Rolos candy pieces
- 12 flexible straws
- Green gel food coloring
- 6 graham crackers
Tip: Save time by using pre-packaged Rice Krispie treats! Or you can make your own if you prefer the homemade taste.
Directions To Make Treats:
- Cut the flexible straws in half. Discard the bottom half and keep the end with the flexible part.
- Take 2 of the straws and fold the flex part and attach these together by pushing one inside the other. It will look like a “U” shape.
- Spread a layer of red frosting on top of each Rice Krispie treat, then place a a Rolo candy piece in the center of each.
- Take one straw “U” (these are your lawn mower handles) and push the ends into a Rice Krispie treat, on one side. Repeat with each Rice Krispie treat until all have attached “handles.”
- Take apart 12 of the mini Oreo cookies and scrape out the filling. Use white frosting to attach 4 of the cookies to the sides of each Rice Krispie treat to look like wheels.
- Scoop the remaining white frosting into a small mixing bowl and add a few drops of green food coloring gel. Stir until well mixed; add more coloring drop-by-drop until you reach your desired shade of green.
- Spread the green frosting on 6 graham crackers to resemble grass. Gently place a lawnmower Rice Krispie treat on top each graham cracker, pressing slightly so that the “lawn mowers” will attach to the “grass.”
- Allow to set and enjoy!
Treat credit goes to: www.inthekidskitchen.com