Did you have a pet rock as a kid? Kids will love to pick out their pet cactus rock for this easy craft project!
1. First, select your rocks. As mentioned above, you want to look for rocks that are flat on one side so the eyes will go on smoothly. You can even see if you can find some extra details that may give the rock a mouth.
2. Clean your rocks before painting.
3. Paint with outdoor paint if you want to place outside. Otherwise, regular acrylic paint works well. We did 2 coats of the lighter green to ensure we got complete coverage.
Once you have the green painted, use the white to create different cactus designs!
We did dots, hash marks, lines and stars. Our favorite is the hash marks.
4. Now glue on your googly eyes! Use hot glue or glue dots.
5. Now they are ready to go into their pots!
If you’d like them to stand higher in their pots, use a little bit of paper towel or foam in the bottom of the pots.
Credit given to thebestideasforkids.com for this fun craft.