- Nutter Butter cookies
- Tootsie Roll Midgees
- Chocolate candy melts
- Icing flowers or other edible decorations
Directions To Make Treats:
Form the Tootsie Roll toes ~
- Soften four Tootsie Roll Midgees in the microwave (10 seconds or less).
- Roll them together and flatten with a rolling pin.
- Using a 1-1/4-inch round cookie cutter, cut a circle from the flattened Tootsie Roll.
- Position the cookie cutter in the center of the Tootsie Roll circle and make another cut to form a half-moon shape.
- Mold the cut Tootsie Roll over the end of a Nutter Butter cookie to form the shape of a shoe toe.
- Remove the shaped Tootsie Roll from the cookie and set aside.
- Repeat these steps with as many cookies as you wish to make.
Create Tootsie Roll heels ~
- Soften two Tootsie Roll Midgees in the microwave (10 second or less).
- Roll them together and form a heel shape with a slight angle to accomodate the cookie when it’s attached.
- Repeat these steps until you have a heel to go with each toe.
Assemble the shoes ~
- Melt 1/2 cup chocolate candy melts in a microwave-safe bowl. Using a toothpick or paintbrush, apply a line of candy melt along the front rounded edge of a cookie. Attach a Tootsie Roll toe, and mold it in place with your fingers. Repeat with remaining cookies. Allow them to dry and harden.
- Dip the angled parts of the Tootsie Roll heels in the candy melt and attach them to the bottoms of the cookies. Allow them to dry and harden.
- Put a small dot of candy melt on the bottoms of the icing flowers and attach them to the Tootsie Roll toes.
Treat credit goes to: www.sheknows.com