How MLFCU is Responding to Concerns about Coronavirus (COVID-19)
MLFCU has been closely monitoring the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus) and we want to assure you that MLFCU is prepared for a wide range of possible scenarios – focusing on the health and safety of our employees, while continuing to deliver excellent service to our members, are our top priorities.
Our public health emergency plan guides how we handle everything from flu season to pandemics. Under that plan, our management team is working with the different department leaders across MLFCU, to take immediate steps to help protect employees from this potential threat and prepare for further action.
What You Can Do
- Continue to utilize our convenient MLFCU mobile app and mlfcu.net website for all your financial needs. We are here for you and will continue to deliver the exceptional service you expect and deserve.
- The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus. However, as a reminder, CDC always recommends being proactive to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases.
- Visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website for the latest information on COVID-19.
If you are sick, it is advised that you stay home to avoid potential contact with others. An alternative to visiting a branch, whether you are sick or not, is to take advantage of MLFCU’s convenience services, including:
These services help you make deposits, withdrawals, schedule loan payments and a host of other account transactions, all from the comfort of home.
What We’re Doing
We’re taking the following proactive steps to ensure the continued health and safety of our employees so that we can continue to serve members. We will continue to evaluate additional measures as needed.
- We’re monitoring guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the World Health Organization. These agencies guide countries and businesses on any extra precautions to take. In the case of any widespread illness, MLFCU is well-prepared to implement plans to manage the needs of our employees and members.
- We also increased our cleaning measures in all facilities and are proactively educating and addressing questions from employees on steps they can take to protect themselves and their families.
- As a precautionary step, we have requested employees avoid nonessential travel to regions affected by the virus.